Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Chris!

Yesterday, February 24th, our little brother Chris turned 19! I can remember when he was born. We lived in Garland and had a foreign exchange student, Adriana, living with us. It was a Sunday evening and Tiffany and I were sharing a room. Dad came in after we went to bed, without even being told by dad to "GO TO BED" repeatedly like normal, and told us that Mom's water had broke and we need to get ready to go to the hospital. It was planned that all of us kids would be there for Christopher's birth. It was a neat experience! I remember calling him Bugsaboo as a nickname. We had so much fun growing up with this little brother that was YEARS younger than the rest of us. We always say he turned out so good because of us amazing sisters and brother who raised him! :) And here he is turning 19 and getting ready to go on a mission. We couldn't be prouder of him! He is such a great example to his nieces and nephews and we all adore him when he is around!
To celebrate his birthday we had a Birthday Dinner party at our house in Woods Cross. Chris brought 2 of his friends, his roommate Jeff and his teammate from UVU, Seth. Don't they all look like wonderful future Missionaries?
Carson spent some time yesterday making Chris a Birthday Card....this is what he came up with! He insisted on hanging it up somewhere in the house. They are pictures of trees. I thought it was pretty funny!
Nick did a wonderful job grilling some steaks and chicken for dinner! It was yummy!!!!
Mom, Dad, Matt, Nat, & Hallie were also there. Of course we all took our chance to give Hallie Loves!! She rolled from her tummy to her back for the first time yesterday! It is amazing how much she is growing!!! I can't get over her pretty blue eyes!!!
I couldn't get Matt & Dad to smile at the same time for a picture, so after a few failed attempts they were laughing at each other thinking they were pretty funny....but I caught them both smiling at the same time, just not looking at the camera!
Chris requested his favorite type of cake for his bday, the "Brower" cake as Natalie calls it. The chocolate cake, pudding, and whipped cream cake.
(Don't ask me what he is doing....Matt had the camera!)
We had a lot of fun and even though I had to leave to go to Bells rehearsal, they played a few card games and enjoyed the rest of the evening together. Even Kaylee had fun....despite a few moments of whining while eating cake! Girls......they are SO emotional!!
Chris.....WE LOVE YOU!!!! We hope you had a great birthday!!! It will be a few years before we can eat Birthday Cake with you, but we are so proud of you and we hope you enjoy being 19!!!!

No comments: