That sure was great to talk to you all on Christmas. Technology is so advanced these days we surely are blessed. It is so nuts how advanced things are, but it sure was a treat for Elder Brewer and I. His family enjoyed it as well I am glad all of you were able to participate and enjoyed it. But time to go back to work ha
And work we did, we had a baptism yesterday, Mateus. He is 11, Which hmmm if I´m not mistaken someone turns 11 today.....Happy Birthday Braydon!! Love you buddy, oh ps mom and dad Happy anniversary sorry I didn't tell you until like a week after...ha hope it was a good one, 35 years? Congrats!! But anyway the baptism was great, we had his mom and brother there and all of cris´s family. plus a few other families in the ward so it was a good turn out. We will get him confirmed next week, and we are working on getting his 17 year old brother in the water this week, and help their mom stop smoking so she can get baptized. Things are really looking well for this area I am really hoping I stay here for one more, but always at will to do the lords will. But we have one more week together here in Cidade jardim and will work hard. There was 60 people in church yesterday, and a lot of people were missing, a lot.... It was really hard to get people to church with everyone partying with their families so next week will be better....maybe, we do have the new year this week, another excuse to drink and party, but we will do our best. I dono what we will do for New years eve....Kinda crazy ... this year I don't really care, ha another day I guess.... I dono how I feel about staying up late....WE will see what happens. But things are good, so I dono if I told you but we had a competition within our mission, based on baptisms and clean houses, we got so many points for sending pictures of our clean houses and so many points for a baptism, the key was you got 250 points if your dupla, or companionship baptized 2, and we had 4 of our 6 duplas baptize 2, and we just found out that we won!! The prize..... President coming Thursday to take us and get rodizio grilled pizza and .....Toy Story 3 ha so That got everyone way excited.... I have already seen it ha but all the other elders are freaking out. So we are just getting spoiled here in Mission Ribeirão Preto this time of the year. But don't worry we are still working hard ha. Mom I will let you know asap when I get the package don´t worry it will come. Well Not much else to report on that happened in the last day so I will talk to you all next week, have a great new years, a great week, and Never let go of that Rod!!
Elder Brower
P.s. Sorry for all the ´´Ha´s and Britt I did put in a few ´ for you ok? Ha hopefully it passes spell check... I doubt it.
Pictures of the baptism and us .... after we ate a cow at the churrasco..... The christms eve party, cool metallic bug, and I Helped teach an English class with Elder Whitaker in Lins last week. Also Elder Hunsaker and I and Elder Thronley and I, and other pictures from the conference, I would have some pictures of me singing, and video, but I asked Elder Hunsaker to do it and well we will just say I came back and he forgot to do it.... ha o well enjoy!!













No comments:
Post a Comment