Friday, January 1, 2010
Turkey Trot in Sparks NV
This year for Thanksgiving Mom, Dad, and Chris came out to Reno, well Dayton, and they had Thanksgiving with the Sonerholm's! Before we ate though we drove into Sparks and watched Chris run the Turkey Trot, it was a 10K race. It was a pretty cold morning and Chris wasn't wearing any gloves or hat so I am surprised he didn't get sick! There were a lot of people running and a lot of people walking, I honestly can't remember how many, the number 900 comes to mind but Aaron thinks it was a lot more than that. All I know is there were lots of people there and Chris ended up getting 6th place on the run and what is really funny is that the guy that got first ended up being someone that Aaron works with!! (Aaron had no idea he was a runner). While we were waiting for Chris to finish the kids and Grandma did their own little race, they had to do something to stay warm. I am thinking that next year I might run the 10k, if not I will do the walk for sure! It was a great way to start our morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment