Sunday, May 16, 2010

Me, Patient?

I think not!! At least 99% of the time, anyway. As a child, one of my favorite things to eat was pudding. Not the instant pudding. The cook & serve pudding. I remember on Sunday evenings after lunch was cleaned up, my sisters and I would choose a flavor of pudding to cook up. We'd add bananas to the banana cream. We'd have brownies sometimes with it. It was just the fun of making it and then sitting down to watch 'Wonderful World of Disney' together as a family.

Nowadays, people want things instantly. Me being one of them. I can be very impatient and my kids can be as well. There are very few things that I will wait for and have patience with and cook & serve pudding is one of those things.

I laughed today as I was getting groceries and walked down the baking aisle and saw the pudding. I had an instant craving for it and decided that would make a great treat for my family tonight. After the boys left for ball practice, I sent the girls outside to play and I quickly got the pudding cooked up. On the stovetop. Not the microwave. I put it into cups and set them aside. The girls came in and wanted them right that moment. They moaned when I said we had to wait for the boys to get home.

It took FOREVER for 7:30 pm to get to our house!!!

My kids enjoyed a little bit of one of my childhood memories! If only I could let them experience some of the memories that came to me as I cooked the pudding up! What fun a little Cook & Serve chocolate pudding is!!!

No comments: