This is where they set up camp. They weren't at a campground, but just an open spot that is used quite often by other campers. This is probably why they didn't invite me to go since I would need at least running water and toilets and that wasn't available here!
When I first saw this picture it made me laugh since it looks like they are all peeing or something like that. But if you look close Chris and Nick are wearing RJP sweatshirts, which is where my Brother Matt used to work and they got them from him, and since he wasn't able to go, they paid him a tribute by taking this picture to prove that he was still there with them in spirit! I also believe that Carson wore an RJP Beanie on his head most of the time too.
Here is Carson roasting hot dogs for dinner Monday night.
They even took stuff to make smore's!! Yum!!
Now for the fishing!!! They did TONS of fishing and caught quite a few. They mostly did catch and release, but one of the fish swallowed the hook and they couldn't get it out of him without killing it, so they ended up cooking and eating one of the fish.
More Fishing!!!!
Carson loved to be around the camp fire!!! It looks like my dad was trying to dry out his socks in this picture....he must of gotten too close to the water that day!
They did a lot of walking and hiking to find good fishing spots, and also drove up the mountain to find more.



There was only one time Carson ended up in the water. He was fishing next to my dad and had accidentally stepped into the stream and it went up to his waste. He didn't complain about falling in the water until he got out and realized how cold he was. But Nick took him back to the tent and got him changed into some new clothes and he was right back out fishing again!
I love this picture of Carson and his FISH!!!!
Chris grilled the fish over the fire like a marshmallow! I asked Carson if he ate it and he said "No, I don't like the taste of fish!".
On Tuesday night my dad made tinfoil dinners. I was impressed of how well they planned for the trip considering have fast they planned it and it was just guys going! But I guess they have done a lot of camping in their days so this was like second nature to them!
This picture is a bit blurry, but I thought it was neat that they saw moose while they were there!
Besides seeing moose, they also saw a lot of snow!!!
They cleaned up camp on Wednesday morning and headed home around 11 AM. Carson told Nick he didn't want to go home and was very sad they had to leave! So obviously he had a blast! They loaded up the van and Carson enjoyed Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the whole way home. They made it home around 4 and even stopped and took the van through the car wash before coming home. I was so excited to have the boys home again! I really missed them. It was so fun to look through the pictures and have Carson explain to me what the picture was and what they did. I am so glad that the boys were able to go on this camping trip. I am sure it created some great memories for all of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment