Thursday, March 26, 2009
Hand, Foot & Mouth
Before we get to the really fun pictures, I wanted to share how much fun Mayci is. She is so good to catch on to what everyone else does. She loves to put things around her neck and this was too cute to not put on here.
I can't seem to get a good picture of Mayci lately. She's such a busy body! I love that she walks as good as she does. I should cry though. She's growing up too fast on me!
So. This is not the best picture but you get the idea. Look really close and you can see all the sores around her teeth. It was so hard for her to eat just about everything. She lived on yogurt and applesauce for the week. We found out on Tuesday the 17th that she had hand, foot and mouth disease. The Dr. told us it was viral and we just had to wait it out. He also said it was a good idea to not have her go to school until she wasn't contagious. (That was about 7-10 days). She ended up not going to school all of last week. She hated not being able to go and play with friends. I made her carry her own hand sanitizer around with her. Every time she touched her face, I made her sanitize! She hated hearing me say that! This week was Spring Break and so she didn't have to go to school this week either. Lucky her! She is now doing really good. We just have to cross our fingers and hope that no one else in the family gets it!
Her tongue hurt pretty bad. After 4 or 5 days of this, she got a sore on her bottom and top lip. The sore on the side of her lip is just now healing. I don't think she'll forget this one. Oh, the top picture didn't show the same sores down her throat and on her tonsils! I don't wish this on anyone. Madison couldn't even brush her teeth without crying as her teeth just bled!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment