Monday, June 22, 2009
Carson Stake Pioneer Trek
Well the first Sunday that Aaron and I went to the Dayton ward, our new ward, we found out there was a pioneer trek this summer for the youth ages 14-18, since Aaron and I had been on a trek with our old Stake we decided we wanted the girls to go on the trek so we signed them up! Well that was about a month or two ago, I really can't remember. Anyway, Sierra was not excited about going and Krista was kind of excited. Krista was like me when I went on my first Pioneer Trek I didn't want to go because I had to wear a dress! Well the Lord had another idea and I was called to be on the Youth Committee for the trek! LOL Well the girls went on the trek this past weekend and I was shocked when they got back to hear what they had to say. First you need to know the conversation we had on the way to the church it was something like this: Both girls kept saying they looked stupid and they didn't want to go on the trek, I kept telling them the Pioneers looked like that but they didn't have good hiking boots. Then when we got to the church I asked Sierra for her bag of stuff, I had a feeling she had makeup with her, well I got an IPOD and some eyeliner from her! She wasn't very happy about that and said, "I can't even have eyeliner?" Of course I said no! So they left for the trek and while they were gone Aaron and I were wondering if they were having fun or complaining the whole time! They got back home on Saturday night around 8pm and the first thing Sierra said was, "I actually had fun, but I'm not going ever again!" I didn't care about the last part, I was just happy to hear she had fun! Krista on the other hand said she had fun and wants to go again in 3 years when they do it again! LOL!!
I had an old camera that I sent up with Krista and Sierra so they could take pics while they were up there, I'm surprised they actually remembered to take the camera out and get pics, so these pictures are from them! Since we are so new in the ward/stake I had no idea who's family they would be in, well it ended up that they were in the Heusser family. Bishop Heusser is our Bishop and his wife is just awesome! The girls said they had a bunch of fun with them, oh and they both thought their "Older Brother" was reallly cute, but he has a girlfriend! LOL I'm glad we told them they had to go on the trek I know it was a good experience for them and they will always remember it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment