Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bells on Temple Square Concert

Friday evening Mom and Dad came down and joined me in attending the Bells on Temple Square concert. I have been on maternity leave from BoTS since last fall, so it was fun for me to get to go and listen to their concert. I get to go back and ring with them in July! I can't wait! It was a super fun evening with my parents. The director, Brother Tom Waldron, is retiring so this was his last concert. So after the concert we all went to the horseshoe, located under the tabernacle, and attended a reception held in his honor. Mom had sung with him in the Tabernacle Choir before he became the BoTS director so I know she was glad she was able to attend.
Nick stayed home with the kids, since we didn't want to get a sitter to watch all THREE kids and put them all to bed. With a baby, it just makes it a little harder! So I was appreciative that he was willing to stay home so I could go! It was so fun seeing all of my Bell friends and say good bye to Brother Waldron. He is such an amazing musician, leader, and all around good guy! He has such a strong testimony of the church and of our calling as musical missionaries. He was always sure to share his feelings and testimony with us. I will always be thankful for being able to ring with him!

No comments: