Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How to keep kids entertained

I remember as a kid doing so many crazy things with my siblings. Easter weekend made me think of all the things we came up with to do when I was younger. Over Easter weekend, Austin was bored and I told him to go outside and find something to do. I looked out back and saw him pounding away on some boards we had in the back yard. After a few hours, he was called by his friend to come over and play. Austin left and the other kids decided they wanted in on the action of building a clubhouse. Braydon had his friend, Tren, over to play and the got to work.


It doesn't hold a lot of people in it but they did a pretty good job with the construction of it. They wanted to have a couple of rooms in it.


Once they got as far as they could (once they found out there was spray paint is how it really goes), they decided that it needed to be decorated.


It was a little bit harder for the girls to spray paint but they got it after awhile! Madison sprayed her face one of the times. She had red paint on her eyebrows, forehead and in her hair! It was kind of funny to see her covered in red. No, I didn't get a picture. I should have though. I was laughing too hard at my silly girl.
It took Kenzie twice as long to spray paint. She had to keep stopping to rest.

This totally reminds me of something from the movie 'Sandlot'. I'm just waiting for some big scary creature to be living inside of this. For now, we just have bees that are scaring the girls.

This would be the updated version of the clubhouse. Austin wasn't happy with the way the clubhouse turned out. We told him that he shouldn't have left to go play with his friend if he didn't want it to be built differently than what he had planned. So, for a week after it was started, the kids were outside hammering. They got a roof on it and now there are plans in the work for an add on. They are thinking 2 more rooms, I think. The plans are grand though. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: