Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kids that read

This is how we found Mayci the other day. I think that Braydon put Mayci in the basket and the kids were picking up stuff around the house. They put a few things in the basket for Mayci. She loves to read books and so with her blanket and a book, she was content to sit there for about 20 minutes or so. After awhile, I had forgotten that she was in the basket and I hadn't heard from her. I was doing the dishes and decided I better go look for her. This is what she had been doing the whole time.
She makes raising her so easy! Fun too!

Madison has figured out how much fun it is to read chapter books. She comes home with a book from her teacher everyday. It's called her Take-home-book. The first of the year they were easy, 16 page books. Last week she came home with a chapter book. She was so excited. She read the whole book by herself. I usually make her read out loud to me but she didn't want to wait for me to sit down and read with her. She started out reading while I did dishes but after her bath, she grabbed her book and sat down to read. It didn't take her long to get her book read. I remember reading 'The Babysitter Club' books when I was younger. I could read those books in a day. I loved reading on the way to Grandma Brower's house. I would try and get a book read in the time it took us to get to grandma's and then back home. I love that my kids all love to read. (we do have to encourage Braydon more than the others. He's hooked on the 'Goosebump' books.)

No comments: