Saturday, July 10, 2010

Elder Brower's first real Email!

My wonderful Family,

Boa Tarde! It is nice to finally have a little break for a bit, today we are having a "Mini" P-day to do some laundry and what not, send some email to you, we will normally have P-Day on Friday's so that is when you will be hearing from me. Wow, is all I have to say. The last few days have been some of the longest days of my life, but some of the best days of my life at the same time. It is crazy to think though that today is saturday already, but I have learned to love it here. Meu Companheiro nome e Elder Harris. The kid that went to UVU and lived pretty close to me (one building away). He is wonderful we get along very well and are both excited to serve the lord. Our Branch is Branch 24, District D and we met our Branch president on Thursday night. We met the branch and there are 3 new districts in it. A total of 433 Missianorios entered the MTC on wed! Holy cow!! But at our meeting we were interviewed by the Branch presidency so they can get to know us. Well... before we left they called 3 missionaries names out and asked them to join them for a brief moment. My name was one of them. We go and I have no Idea what is going on, and then all of a sudden BAM they throw it on us. "Elders we have been trying to decide who could fill this positon we need, and all of you are qualified, but we prayed to the lord and asked his help and we all without a doubt knew who we were to call, we would like to ask if you 3 would be the District Leaders of your district! So hey I am the District Leader for District D. two days in ha It was a humbling experience but I am very excited, in our short time here our District has become so close, we all get along so well and make sure everyone is working hard and doing their part. There are 11 elders (One 3-some) and 2 sisters in our district. All of us are going to Brazil, only elder Harris and I are going to Ribeirao Preto. so we all had visa delays, it is crazy there are a lot of elders who are waiting for Visa's to Brazil, some have been here 6 weeks, our ZL's are waiting for theirs, but 3 Elders were only in a week before it came so, it is just a waiting game, but I love it here. We wake up at 6:30 depending on our schedule, work out, breakfast, and then class all day. Our teachers are so wonderful. Irmao Harmon E Irmao Owen. They both served in Portugal but have learned the Brazil Portuguese. We have been focusing a lot on getting to know our investigators before we teach them. We teach people not lessons. That is so important because everyone has specific needs that they need to be taught individually. So we have been talking a lot about that, and as far as the portuguese goes, well I can Share my testimony and say a short prayer, it is coming but I am amazed at how only 4 days now how much I have learned, things I have learned that took me weeks in spanish to learn, it is amazing to see how much the lord can bless us when we ask for it.
Well to business... Dad keep up the great workout and let me know how it goes that's awesome your running. (I did go for a run with Elder Harris in gym class once) Britt I don't know about emailing me on this, but they can go to
Dearelder.com and look me up and send me an email, and I will get it like it was a letter in the mailbox they print it out, but If you want you could put it up on FB, mom I can't check FB so if you want to show me pictures you will have to send them to me here, I got the ones of Matt and Nat and Cute little Hallie, LOVED THEM!! Obrigado (Thank you) Tiff and Ris I got the packages, tiff today and ris yesterday and they made my day, the big thing here is who gets mail and it is awesome to know I am loved, Obrigado!! I love you all so much, time is short so I will write again Friday, I love you all, take care and Keep the faith!!

Eu sei que esta igreja e verdadeiro. Eu testifico que o Livro De Mormon e verdadeiro. Eu acredito que Jesus Cristo e deus nos aman e viven. En nome de Jesus Cristo. Amem

Elder Brower

P.S. The food is wonderful, and I know how you can get fat... eat sit eat sit some more... ha

No comments: