Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pioneer Day Celebrations!

On Satuday morning, my good friend Jen and I left at 5 AM to head to SLC to run the Deseret News 10K. The race started at 6 AM up at the U of U Research Park. We took this picture after we parked the car....it was still quite dark!
We had a great time running. We finished the 6.2 miles in 56 Min 55 Seconds. It was a great race, there were tons of people there, and we got to run the last 2 miles to Liberty Park along the Days of '47 parade route! We were home by 8:30 and we were feeling pretty good!
Since Nick had to work that morning, Krista was nice enough to stay with the kids. They were all asleep when I got home, so I took advantage of it and got ready for the day. After they woke up and we had breakfast and lunch, we headed to Hogan Park to take pictures of Krista. She was a great model!!!
After taking pictures, we got a snow cone at the Apple and ate it at the park under the shade of the trees. It was a HOT day!!!! So when we got home, Carson asked if they could wash the trampoline and play in the water...so of course I said yes!!!After that we laid int he shade and the girls painted their toe nails and fingernails! It was fun! Grandma and Grandpa Brower came to pick up Krista and had dinner with us. We grilled hamburgers and chicken nuggets, yum! After it got a little darker, we headed down to the McKay's house for some fireworks with our neighbors.
There were quite a few neighbors that were there! It was so fun to see the kids enjoy the fireworks.
Even Nick had a lot of fun with the sparklers!
Kaylee enjoyed some sparklers, but after about 45 minutes she was begging me to go home and go to bed, so I took her home and put her to bed. She was exhausted. We played so hard the past few days, that I think she was just all tuckered out! It was a great weekend we had celebrating Pioneer Day! I love the memories that are made on these fun holidays!

No comments: